Brayden

Less than a year ago, I received three emails in a two days to pray for a little boy in our area named Brayden. He had just been diagnosed with a terminal inoperable brain tumor and was only 4, same age as our youngest. I didn't know this family but knew people that knew them. Still, I was sad to hear the news, tossed up a prayer for healing. But that was about the extent of it.

The next day, the kids and I had hair appt's. My hairdresser is a long time friend whose shop is out in the country. There was a little family there that day. A dad, mom and a little boy. It turned out to be little Brayden and his sweet parents. I believe it was no coincidence that it happened that way. It was a God-ordained meeting. My heart became instantly engaged in their lives. His mom and I hugged and shared tears as they left that day, knowing what a long and uncertain journey they were facing.

Once I explained to our three what was going on with Brayden, they, too, became committed to pray for his healing. Often over the last year, they would be the ones to remember to pray for Brayden. Rayray was especially touched by this sweet little one, remembering his precious face that day as he got his hair trimmed.

Brayden met Jesus this week. He was 5 years old. He passed away on Tuesday, May 27, the day our own AppleDoodle celebrated her 5th birthday. His homegoing service is this afternoon. Please pray for his grieving family.

Read more here.

Comments

Kim said…
I went to the sight and read some of the journal entries. I had to stop so I won't cry here at work. That just broke my heart. I'll be praying for the family. I remember you telling me about seeing them that day. God bless them.
KateVonGlahn said…
I can't let my mind go to the place of what it would be like to lose a child.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

Rayray's Recap of American Idol

What You Missed....