American Idol - Our Family's Review

Top 4!!! I needed an American Idol diversion tonight...a little respite from my mourning bc tomorrow I hit the big 4-0. Yep...tis true. I may be 39 and holding for a few more hours, but there are still some things I do not know. For instance, I really didn't know that the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame was an actual place. I thought it was more like a list...or an idea...or a Rock N Roll roll of songs kept in a vault somewhere? Please don't hold it against me! Ok. Here we go.

David Cook -"Hungry Like the Wolves" JellyB and I agree that it does sound a lot like DuranDuran. BUT, it was still really good.

"Baba O'Riley" JellyB said this is SUCH a good song. Don't you think his hair looks mucho betterifico than when we first met him? Since the JellyB knows and loves this song, he thinks he missed it a little bit on the high notes but otherwise, did it proud. David, we think you're the best one of the 4, overall.

Syesha- "Proud Mary" SHUT UP!!! Syesha!!! You go girl!!! We loved it!!!!! Did you see her dancing! Simon, you were W.R.O.N.G. Syesha, you were our favorite tonight.

"A Change Has Got To Come" Look how gorgeous!!!! DIVA. I have chill bumps. Incredible! We alllllll loved it. Jelly B called Randy an idiot. Now the JellyBean is laughing at me bc I am crying with Paula and Syesha bc I agree with Paula and Simon. sniffsniffsniff

Jason - "I Shot The Sheriff" Oh no. Am I the only one that remembers that horrid audition where that guy dressed up like a sheriff and sang that song??? Ick. Why would he choose that song? He's moving around a lot.....was he trying to dance and be a little more exciting? It was awkwardish. Rayray said it was karaoke-ish BEFORE Randy. Simon, utterly atrocious might be a little harsh....

I must pause here and comment that Paula is more coherent and is putting her sentences together better tonight than I've seen her in the last few years. Simon is also being courteous and letting Paula finish her sentences, too. The recent flap must have brought about some changes.

"Mr. Tambourine Man" This is great song...we love it....OH, Shut up! He just forgot one whole line. He's TOAST. We like the songs he picks...and we'll even buy his cd, for real. But unless his followers vote like crazy, he's gone like a freight train.

David A - "Stand By Me" The JellyB seems to think he needs his adenoids taken out, for some reason. Nice job on Stand By Me.

"Love Me Tender" Elvis! My Hero's fave. He hasn't listened to one song all night....but this one. He LOVED it. I liked it ok...but it's sweeter when my Hero sings it to me. Awwwww.

Jason...Gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday.

P. S. Did you notice...NO HAND WAVING! They actually read our pleas! They heard us!!!!

For more reviews, got to BooMama's place.

Comments

Mamacita said…
Cute review - I believe Mr. Jason is toast as well. I hate to see him go, but this time I had to agree. :)
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday!! And I thought the same thing about Paula: her thoughts were more cohesive tonight...whew! Hope you have a great birthday!
Anonymous said…
Yay for no hand waving!!!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday! Don't worry, 40 is not so bad. As a matter of fact, I liked it so much that I have decided to celebrate my 40th a few times over already.
Anonymous said…
Happy B-day!!! Great post and I completely agree about Castro...he is bye-bye!! I don't even think that the teeny-boppers can keep him in!
JenB said…
I love your family reviews! I agree, see ya Jason!
Happy Birthday!!
Tamara said…
Happy Birthday! My hubby just turned 40 too...it's not too bad!

I agree that Paula seemed more coherent tonight. I thought Syesha was smokin', and Jason (poor baby) is toast.
Happy Birthday! Let me know how 40 goes...I'm behind you only by a couple of months!!!

Unfortunately, I agree on Jason. I'm so sad!
terri said…
Yeah - I'm thinking Jason will head home. :( I'll still buy his CD - I love his style of music.
And, I agree about Paula. She did seem a bit more together than last week. Poor thing.
Anonymous said…
Buh Bye Jason Dreadlocks Castro..... It's due time.
I wonder if Simon is helping him pack his bags today? LOL ;o) jk

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

Rayray's Recap of American Idol

What You Missed....