American Idol - Our Family's Review

Top 3 tonight.

David A

"And So It Goes" (Did you see that pokey mustache on the mayor from David A's town? How....patriotic.) Ooooo. What a pretty song! We love the strings in the background, since we have a violinist in the fam. He did a beautiful job on a pretty song...although I did get a little bored in the middle of it. The Rayray really liked the acapella part at the beginning, too.

"With You" I don't know this song...but I didn't love it. It did not sound that great to me. I didn't understand a word of it and his voice was shaky and out of breathy.

"Longer" Longer than there've been fishies in the ocean... "Mr. Consistency" is how the dh has dubbed him. I'm too distracted by the annoying handwaving and the fact that the AI producers forgot what our blogs said about that. "Sing the phone book" is an overused phrase. What about..."sing the Llbean catalog" or "sing the Wall Street Journal" or "sing a Dr. Seuss book"???

Syesha

"If I Ain't Got You" (Why didn't she get the special mayoral announcement!? She only got a text in her limo...) First of all, the girl is gorgeous tonight. The Appledoodle loveditandloveditand loveditandlovedherdress! She did sing it very well...

"Fever" I love this fun song!!! (Have you heard the "Over The Rhine" version?) She said "cha-yer" for "chair." That's my southern girl!!! Liked it...but was afraid we were going to have to change the rating of the show there for a minute!

"Hit Me Up" from Happy Feet. Can't just anybody wear happy leggings like that on live tv, I'll have you know. Rayray liked it a lot and she's the dh's fave of the night and has announced that we need to vote only for her. (I wonder if that "submit to your husband" thing applies to voting for an AI contestant.....)

David C.

"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" (David got a text, too...but at least he was on the news.) Simon was funny...his ex-gf's said he inspired the lyrics. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Who is that standing up?? His mama? WHO WAS THAT? It has to be his mommy...she's crying. How sweet! Awww. Happy Mother's Day. I really liked it. I reallyreally did. A lot of people think David C is arrogant...I just don't see that. And I certainly don't see creepy.

"Dare You to Move" bySwitchfoot!?!?!! The Hero loves this song. But...oh dear. The Hero dh did not like David's performance!!!! Uhoh, David. (The waving hands...on my ever-lovin' nerves.)

"I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" LOVING the strings on stage around him!!! I'll be buying this one on itunes with my bd itunes giftcard, thank you very much. My fave song of the night.

The general consensus in the family room tonight is that we hope David Cook and Syesha are in the top two. Probably won't happen...but we shall see.

Now...do YOU have a substitute for the worn out and tired "sing the phone book" phrase???
"Sing the__________." Let me know!

Check BooMama's blog for more Top 3 Reviews!

Comments

Lexie said…
Hi! Syesha actually did have a mayoral announcement, but our mayor botched it about 4 times on stage and never really got it right. I assume that is why they did the text message thing in the evening. We saw her in person and she was amazing.
Please vote for her repeatedly.
I saw your blog from an AI link last week adn came back.
Anonymous said…
"Sing the Declaration of Independance"?heehee





rayray
Lexie said…
Thanks for visiting my blog too :) And thanks for voting for Syesha.
If you scroll to my Friday May 9 post, you can see my pics and point of view from Syesha's hometown visit. I went with a few ladies I work with. My boss knows her personally since she was about 14, and my aunt has worked with her aunt for at least 10 years if not more.
Sing the encylopedia britannica?
Anonymous said…
I also loved the strings on the stage. So very cool.
Anonymous said…
Great recap! I'll add to the list of alternatives by offering this one:

Sing the Periodic Table of Elements.
Mamacita said…
Good review! We thought Syesha looked so beautiful in that sparkly dress, too. :)
Lexie said…
Yeah, we got pretty close because of a friend who kept moving us closer. In fact, in all the newspaper and news pics I could see her orange hat peeking out... so that may be hte key to look for :) I only saw my forehead in some :(
Anonymous said…
Great review! I totally echo your thoughts about David C.: I've had a number of people comment on how he comes across as arrogant, but I don't pick up on that at all, and neither does my husband. I really enjoyed his last song, too!
Enjoy tonight's show!
Lorrie said…
I don't buy that fake southern accent from syesha. It was getting on my nerves. That girl is going home tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

Rayray's Recap of American Idol

What You Missed....