Rayray's Recap of American Idol


Since I haven't blogged on American Idol in awhile, our Rayray is going to blog tonight in my place. So without further adieu, here's your American Idol recap, through the eyes of a 13 year old.

Hey people!

I am so honored to be my mama's first guest blogger!

Here we go...My first American Idol blog! I'm so excited! :D

Allison, I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing: Oh, Allison. Why in the earthly WORLD did you pick that song? That's David Cook's song! *Flashes back to last season* David brought it on that song last year. *flashes back to present* It was too low pitched. I wanted to see her hittin' those big notes tonight. I'm a big fan of Allison, but it just wasn't that great tonight.

Anoop Dawg, Everything I Do I Do For You: You should've taken Randy's advice. Rough it up! It sounded like he didn't even try to take his advice. I'm kinda sick of ballads, too. Is it just me, or has he done one like, three weeks in a row? (PajamaMama loved it. Period.)

Adam, Born To Be Wild: Ohhh, Adam. I'm so sorry, but you creep me out more every week...
I just flashed back to "The Ring of Fire" a few weeks ago! *screams in horrified terror*! *screams in horrified terror again*! Sorry, but you're just scary. Go back to no black fingernails and no eye makeup, then I'll attempt to recover.

Matt, Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman: So Matt, have you ever really loved a woman? I thought it was beautiful. He's flawless on the piano.

Danny, Endless Love: What do you have against harps, Simon? I liked the soft arrangement. I thought he did great. (PajamaMama - Loves Danny, moaned and rolled eyes at song choice.)

Why is Ryan pretending to be Randy, why is Cara growling, and why is Randy standing up?....The judges continue to confuse me.

Kris, Falling Slowly: I've never heard of that movie or the song, but I loved it. I could tell it was pitchy in spots, but it was beautiful. (PajamaMama's FAVE of the night.)

Lil, The Rose: As my dear mother put it, "The song from every bad beauty pageant." Lil, you can bring it when you pick the right song, but you just didn't bring it this time. And it really annoys PJmama and I when contestants talk back to the judges for no apparent reason. I have a bad feeling that we'll have to say bye-bye to Lil-Lil tomorrow...

I hope you enjoyed my American Idol recap!

Keep smilin'!

~Rayray

Comments

Sherri said…
GREAT post! Danny is still my favorite, but Kris is close behind. His performance tonight was great!
Suzie said…
Great job Ray-Ray, except for the reference to Adam's scary ring of fire. Now I'm going to have nightmares! :)
Loved your recap...and love your blog...Hope you will stop in and see me....and meet Jack...
Smoochiefrog said…
I'll be happy if either Lil or Anoop leaves tomorrow.
jerriann said…
Welcome really smart 13 year old. so nice to have you join us. I realllllly loved your take on the happenings tonight and I couldn't agree with you more. the end.

thank you.

BTW, I'm waiting on my 28 yrs old daughter to join me, (we do this thing together) so check in on us tomorrow. Thank you again.
Kacie said…
seriously, your daughter is pretty with the pop music criticism scene, apparently, because her observations are pretty similar to the adults I'm reading! :)

I too think Kris is overtaking Danny....
JenB said…
Very impressed, Rayray! Great job! Totally agree, Adam scares me too! Hope your mom lets you guest blog again.
Hannah Hoffmann said…
Bravo! And yes, Adam=scary. Lil was disappointing. Again. But I did love Allison.
Sturgmom said…
Lil definitely shold have kept her comments to herself! Great recap!
Anonymous said…
Kris is certainly my pick to win - he just gets better and better. When it comes to Lil or Anoop I say get rid of Lil. She hasn't impressed me since they started, although she LOOKS better every week. And Adam. It's so unfortunate that he wasn't born in the 60's so he could have been around for the 80's. He just came along a few decades too late...
You have the cutest blog...So glad that I stopped by. I am still so new to the land of blog, but so loving reading others stories.
Everyone has a story and so many of them are so touching....
Hope you will stop by for another visit.
The May give-away has started and this month there will be 10 winners. I will be blogging from Disney World soon

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

What You Missed....