Spray It On!

My sweet Mama stopped by the other day and asked if I'd help her do something. And she whipped out a tall spray can.

She said, "I want you to spray this on my hair to cover my roots."

My first thought..."Oh no! She's being sucked in by infomercials now!!"

But, she said WC sold it to her....her renowned hair stylist. That helped my feelings a little.

It's a temporary shampoo-out colored hair spray that you spray on your roots in between colorings. I personally had never ever heard of such...EXCEPT for the pink, green, and blue versions you often see at Halloween and college football games. So, it wasn't completely a foreign concept.

I ran to grab something from my "old" bedroom...and had The Can in my hands. So, while nobody was looking, I decided to see what it'd look like on MY hair....in the event that I, you know, color my hair and just so happened to need a root touch-up or something like that.

Well. I didn't exactly expect it to come out of the can with the strength of a category 5 hurricane.

And I didn't exactly have The Can aimed right, evidenced by the fact that the entire left side of my face was spray painted light brown, including my eye glass lens.

It didn't help matters that I screamed...Ok...I hollered. And the eldest dd came running, quickly, and there was no hiding it. I was a pretty sad mess. No, I didn't take a picture and no, I will not recreate the event for the sake of a picture, either.

I will say that it actually worked beautifully on my mom's hair. It covered her roots and blended with her hair color! And I didn't get it all over her face, thanks in part to a towel she had plastered to her face, near'bout smothering herself.

As for me, I think I'll stick with my current hair care plan....

Comments

hmmmm. I just spent $---.-- on my color. Maybe I need the can.

I have come to realize that you are officially teasing me about the warm weather down there! Come on! We barely live through the winters up here!! :)
Tutu said…
I would have paid good money to see that! And where exactly in the Metropolis in which you live, did Memaw find a hair color in a can?
Hannah Hoffmann said…
That is too funny. I can't believe that WC is still doing hair. How old is he, 80?
What a great story...you beat me to the punch, I was gonna ask for a picture because that would have been a great addition to the story. I found you through Jessie, you mentioned having a connection the Fireproof actors, so I had to click on you...anyone who is friends with Jessie as well as anyone with the Fireproof folks (I believe in their mission)....is someone worth getting to know! I'll be back!
Anna said…
Hahahaha! I'd love to have seen that!!
Totallyscrappy said…
Oh. My. Word!! Absolutely funny.
KateVonGlahn said…
I would have liked to have seen it. I bet Rachel laughed her butt off!
The Journey said…
WOW!!! SO... if I didn't know you and read this, I would have total understanding of you!

FUNNY!!!

If I wasn't in public by myself, I would roar out loud with laughter!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

Rayray's Recap of American Idol

What You Missed....