Precious Gemstones in Our Lives
I'd like to introduce you to a priceless gem in our family's life....Miss Ruby. Isn't she beautiful?Miss Ruby is 102 years old, although at times, she declares herself to be 300 years old. Miss Ruby has outlived her 15 siblings, her husband and her only child. My Love met Miss Ruby two years ago and she's been a blessing to our lives ever since. Miss Ruby's body is weakening and sometimes she is very confused. Yet, she still manages to live alone.
Last night, the girls and I dashed to Miss Ruby's home to turn her heat on. What should have been a 2 minute trip, quickly turned into a 30 minute visit. But that was perfectly ok. Sweet Miss Ruby never ceases to touch my heart in the deepest of places. She loves Jesus and speaks of His goodness to her throughout her life. She also loves to tell of her encounter with an angel. Last night, she told me that she knows I'm busy with the children, but to never forget that my life is in His hands and He will never leave my side. Just what I needed to hear.Priceless gem.
We have many such precious gemstones to thank Father for in our lives. I am grateful this day for our Miss Ruby and for the tender heart of my dh and children in their love and care for her.
Comments