Out of the Mouths of Babes...cont'd

This morning, I heard the AppleDoodle squalling. I mean...Suh. Kuh. WALL, y'all!! It was her "something has scared me to death" kind of wail. She reached me before I could set down my coffee mug and get up from my comfy porch perch. Well, she had discovered a huge fire ant bite on the back of her leg. It is SO large it looks like the fire ant sat there awhile and enjoyed itself immensely. (For those of you who have never had the pleasure of angering a fire ant, a bite looks like a red bump with a white head on it. And it's called a fire ant bc the bites burn like FIRE.) She apparently attained the bite yesterday. She didn't complain of pain. And in my opinion, a bite that big would have HURT. In my motherly wisdom, I knew it wasn't pain making her scream bloody murder. Something about the bite had frightened her. When she finally calmed down, she confided in me.



"At first when I saw the bite, I thought it was a new nippum behind my knee." (Please do not make me tell you what she used her own made-up term nippum for.)



And I, being the consoling, nurturing mother that I am, had to bite the tar out of the inside of my cheeks to keep from shrieking in laughter.

Comments

Kim said…
Funny!! I love that little girl.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

Rayray's Recap of American Idol

What You Missed....