American Idol Family Reviews!
Final 8!! Our theme tonight is "Inspirational Songs." We again welcome JellyBean to our family review panel.
Paula. That dress...um...a bit snuggish?
Michael Johns - Dream On by Aerosmith
Daddy- It's hard for me to listen to anybody else sing it.
JellyBean- But he did good!
Me - He has a necktie tied in a double knot around his neck. (Hey, Sinbad!) I actually thought he sounded spot on.
Rayray - What was up with those really high notes? (She has obviously never heard this song before in her 12yo life.)
Sayesha - I Believe by Fantasia
We all agree that she did awesome. Jelly Bean thinks Randy is trying to change his image and be the bad guy. She's Rayray's fave tonight and my 2nd fave of the night.
Jason Castro - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Jelly Bean - He did PHENOMENAL! He's my favorite!
Daddy - I loved it! He has become my favorite as of tonight. I know what kind of album he'll put out...hippie music. (HUH? heehee)
Rayray and Apple Doodle like him a "whole bunch."
I personally think he's precious and we are building a collection of his itunes songs already! I love that arrangement of the song....I had the Hawaiian dude's version at one time. I can't remember his name...what was his name?
He's our fave of the night. Hands down.
We are SO glad they aren't doing that wave thing in the mush pot or whatever it's called!
Kristy Lee - Anyway by Martina McBride
Oh no. Ok. Off the cuff, I almost don't even want to listen. Martina is my favvvveeeeee. I heart Martina. We'd be best friends if she'd just come sit on my porch for a little visit. So, I am biased and just can't bring myself to compare.
Rayray didn't enjoy it because she was trying to imitate Martina and Martina has a much bigger voice than she does.
(I personally am wondering why Simon commented that she looked like a star tonight bc I think she's worn the same shirt two or three times. )
JellyBean thinks the judges take it easy on her because they know she's bad. "It's funny how they are relentless on the others but give her a break. "
Daddy thought it was her personal best performance, relatively speaking.
David Cook - Innocent by Our Lady Peace
Daddy and Jelly ain't liking the song tonight but like him. Jelly Bean wants that white jacket.
I didn't love the song either. I've never even heard of the band...But he's such a great guy. Still one of our top picks.
TAYLOR SWIFT!!! RAYRAY HEARTS YOU!!!
Karlie - Show Must Go On by Queen
I think her hair looks really pretty tonight. I didn't think she took Simon's fashion advice from last week. But oddly enough, he liked her fashion choice tonight. Hm.
So, she blamed Simon for her less than stellar performance on the last half of the song? Because she looked at him and he wasn't smiling? What was that! I don't know. I think she's got a truly great talent but I'm afraid her time is running out. I get the feeling she's grasping for straws.
David Archuletta - Angels
We all really liked it but don't exactly understand what this song is about. "I'm loving angels instead." I don't get it. I dreamed David and Rayray fell in love. Now, every time I see him, I feel even more awwwww-ish towards his little cute self. No, my dreams aren't analyze-able. Ever. Anyway, good job David.
Brooke White - You've Got a Friend by James Taylor
We are partial, yes, and thought she did great. Didn't blow us away tonight but still a fave. She looks beautiful in that dress, I might add. Please don't cry, Brooke. Bless her heart.
Our fave of the night was Jason. Going home? Kristy Lee or Karlie.
For more fun Idol reviews, see BooMama!
Paula. That dress...um...a bit snuggish?
Michael Johns - Dream On by Aerosmith
Daddy- It's hard for me to listen to anybody else sing it.
JellyBean- But he did good!
Me - He has a necktie tied in a double knot around his neck. (Hey, Sinbad!) I actually thought he sounded spot on.
Rayray - What was up with those really high notes? (She has obviously never heard this song before in her 12yo life.)
Sayesha - I Believe by Fantasia
We all agree that she did awesome. Jelly Bean thinks Randy is trying to change his image and be the bad guy. She's Rayray's fave tonight and my 2nd fave of the night.
Jason Castro - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Jelly Bean - He did PHENOMENAL! He's my favorite!
Daddy - I loved it! He has become my favorite as of tonight. I know what kind of album he'll put out...hippie music. (HUH? heehee)
Rayray and Apple Doodle like him a "whole bunch."
I personally think he's precious and we are building a collection of his itunes songs already! I love that arrangement of the song....I had the Hawaiian dude's version at one time. I can't remember his name...what was his name?
He's our fave of the night. Hands down.
We are SO glad they aren't doing that wave thing in the mush pot or whatever it's called!
Kristy Lee - Anyway by Martina McBride
Oh no. Ok. Off the cuff, I almost don't even want to listen. Martina is my favvvveeeeee. I heart Martina. We'd be best friends if she'd just come sit on my porch for a little visit. So, I am biased and just can't bring myself to compare.
Rayray didn't enjoy it because she was trying to imitate Martina and Martina has a much bigger voice than she does.
(I personally am wondering why Simon commented that she looked like a star tonight bc I think she's worn the same shirt two or three times. )
JellyBean thinks the judges take it easy on her because they know she's bad. "It's funny how they are relentless on the others but give her a break. "
Daddy thought it was her personal best performance, relatively speaking.
David Cook - Innocent by Our Lady Peace
Daddy and Jelly ain't liking the song tonight but like him. Jelly Bean wants that white jacket.
I didn't love the song either. I've never even heard of the band...But he's such a great guy. Still one of our top picks.
TAYLOR SWIFT!!! RAYRAY HEARTS YOU!!!
Karlie - Show Must Go On by Queen
I think her hair looks really pretty tonight. I didn't think she took Simon's fashion advice from last week. But oddly enough, he liked her fashion choice tonight. Hm.
So, she blamed Simon for her less than stellar performance on the last half of the song? Because she looked at him and he wasn't smiling? What was that! I don't know. I think she's got a truly great talent but I'm afraid her time is running out. I get the feeling she's grasping for straws.
David Archuletta - Angels
We all really liked it but don't exactly understand what this song is about. "I'm loving angels instead." I don't get it. I dreamed David and Rayray fell in love. Now, every time I see him, I feel even more awwwww-ish towards his little cute self. No, my dreams aren't analyze-able. Ever. Anyway, good job David.
Brooke White - You've Got a Friend by James Taylor
We are partial, yes, and thought she did great. Didn't blow us away tonight but still a fave. She looks beautiful in that dress, I might add. Please don't cry, Brooke. Bless her heart.
Our fave of the night was Jason. Going home? Kristy Lee or Karlie.
For more fun Idol reviews, see BooMama!
Comments
mines up