Confession Time


Ok...It's confession time.

The Butter requested mashed potatoes with his birthday dinner. I'm all about convenience...especially if it's on sale and still quality.

On a whim, I bought two containers of Simply Potatoes. It SAID they are made from fresh potatoes which I took to mean NOT from instant flakes.

If three pounds of pre prepared mashed potatoes that taste decent will save me the hour of peeling and dicing and cooking and smashing only to have a lumpy mess in the end...then BRING IT ON!

I dumped both containers of potatoes in a pretty dish and put them in the oven to warm up.

At dinner, Papa took one bite of the potatoes and declared them to be some of the best mashed potatoes he had had in a long time. (!)

He then proceded to go on about them....how they tasted like the mashed potatoes he remembered as a boy. He asked if I made them and I said "yes" while kicking Memaw under the table and giggling. It wasn't really a big fat lie bc I did open the carton and dump them in the bowl and warm them......

Then he said, "I think you've found your calling!!"

I told him I'd be in charge of bringing the mashed potatoes to dinner from now on. All the while Memaw and I were giggling.

Papa, I just can't bear the guilt any longer. They came from the fridgy section at Winn-Dixie next to the cookie dough.

But I think I got my $4.00 worth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

Rayray's Recap of American Idol

What You Missed....