Happy New Year, Everybody!!

I'm not one to make a list of New Year's Resolutions...they end up getting broken, anyway. Well, mine do. I do feel that the New Year is a good time to reflect on where I am compared to where I'd like to be...in all areas of my life but especially my walk with Father, our homeschool progress, and our family. This New Years, I've been pondering how I live my life. Am I living in each moment or hurrying it by...am I seeking Father daily...looking for His hand and His divine appointments? Am I living each day IN Him? Am I alive with living?

If you've not checked out Point of Grace's newest cd, I highly recommend it. They sing one song called "How You Live" and one repeated line in the song says, "It's not who you knew, it's not what you did, it's how you live." That line has been reverberating in my heart since the cruise when I heard them sing it, met the girls, heard their hearts. (Click here to see a video of "How You Live.")

I have a wall in my kitchen that's a collage of special things, including a linen printed cloth. It caught my eye this morning and I took the time to reread it. It reminds me so much of the Point of Grace song....


On This Day

Mend a quarrel. Search out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a love letter. Share some treasure. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in a word or deed.

Keep a promise. Find the time. Forego a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Listen. Apologize if you were wrong. Try to understand. Flout envy. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Appreciate, be kind, be gentle. Laugh a little more.

Deserve confidence. Take up arms against malice. Decry complacency. Express your gratitude. Worship God. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth.

Speak your love. Speak it again. Speak it still again. Speak it still, once again.

Love is the bottom line, isn't it? Isn't everything Father did and is doing motivated by His love for us? Doesn't His love in us motivate us to seek Him, follow Him, desire Him, say Yes! to Him, love others through Him?

Let's LIVE this year! May Father show us the way to take His love, our lives, and each moment by moment by moment and LIVE.

Comments

Lysa TerKeurst said…
Oh seeing that photo brought back warm tropical memories of such fun on this very, very cold day.

Smiles! Can't wait to read your article.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

Rayray's Recap of American Idol

What You Missed....