Sisters
Rayray left today to spend the week with her grands at their horse stables. She goes off and on all year to the other side of the state to visit them. She LOVES it in the big open spaces, fresh air, grands, friends, and horseshorses everywhere.
C-10 went with me to drive Rayray halfway to meet Granddaddy. We laughed and laughed until we were literally crying tears. I just hope the coffee I spewed washes out of my cute skirt!
Rayray and little Doodle share a room. When I put my little one to bed tonight, it actually sunk in, for the first time, that Rayray is gone for a week, including nights. And she didn't like it. Not one iota. Now that she's 5, you know, she understands things "much more better."
Well, she started crying. Not your 'sniff, sniff, I miss my sister' cry. She LOST it, y'all. It was the coughing, gagging, can't catch your breath version. Her sweet brother attempted to console her, but she informed him (rather loudly) that he is not and will never be her precious Rayray. She had me show her pictures of her beloved sister and went to bed clutching one of the two of them together.
I'll be honest with you. She made me cry, too. I was trying to comfort her...and needed a little comforting, myself. I don't particularly like for Rayray to be gone from me, either. She is our sweet Ray of sunshine and also my personal assistant, right arm, and 2nd brain.
Poor baby cried herself to sleep....woke up an hour later and started crying AGAIN. They really do love each other. Even though there's a 7 1/2 yr age difference, they're really close like sisters are supposed to be.
It makes me kinda wish I had a sister growing up. I had some great sister-friends, though. Still do. No complaints.
So...go hug your sister. Or call her. Or pray for her. Or email her. Or cry for her.
Just appreciate her.....
C-10 went with me to drive Rayray halfway to meet Granddaddy. We laughed and laughed until we were literally crying tears. I just hope the coffee I spewed washes out of my cute skirt!
Rayray and little Doodle share a room. When I put my little one to bed tonight, it actually sunk in, for the first time, that Rayray is gone for a week, including nights. And she didn't like it. Not one iota. Now that she's 5, you know, she understands things "much more better."
Well, she started crying. Not your 'sniff, sniff, I miss my sister' cry. She LOST it, y'all. It was the coughing, gagging, can't catch your breath version. Her sweet brother attempted to console her, but she informed him (rather loudly) that he is not and will never be her precious Rayray. She had me show her pictures of her beloved sister and went to bed clutching one of the two of them together.
I'll be honest with you. She made me cry, too. I was trying to comfort her...and needed a little comforting, myself. I don't particularly like for Rayray to be gone from me, either. She is our sweet Ray of sunshine and also my personal assistant, right arm, and 2nd brain.
Poor baby cried herself to sleep....woke up an hour later and started crying AGAIN. They really do love each other. Even though there's a 7 1/2 yr age difference, they're really close like sisters are supposed to be.
It makes me kinda wish I had a sister growing up. I had some great sister-friends, though. Still do. No complaints.
So...go hug your sister. Or call her. Or pray for her. Or email her. Or cry for her.
Just appreciate her.....
Comments
It makes me sad too! Maybe Doodle needs a spend the night friend this week!
Our sister time was much needed and super fun! My abs still hurts from laughing!