Why I Cleaned Out My Closet.....
"A woman who focuses on worshipping God will consider
carefully how she is dressed, because her heart will dictate
her wardrobe and appearance.”
John MacArthur
Two weekends ago, the family went on a little trip across the state. We visited Grands, let the girls ride at the grandstables, and had time to take in Savannah. The FeO was kind enough to let me do a little shopping....for me!!! Not for the kids or anybody else. But, ME!!!! That hasn't happened since Fall of 2006. I am not exaggerating. I normally run by a clearance rack and grab something or stop in at Wil-Mart (my neighbor, more on that at another time.) So, I have some new clothes that actually fit and got great deals on them to boot. Believe me when I say, things were getting DIRE in the pants department....or more specific, the jeans department. And did I get some awesome jeans this weekend. LOVELOVELOVE.
I also have two new favorite stores. 1. Bass Outlet. 2. NY and Co. (Did you even know Bass has a shweet line of clothes much like Eddie Bauer/Lands End-ish? I do, now.)
One afternoon last week, Rayray helped me clean out my very neglected closet. She sat on the bed as I tried items on and she was instructed to be brutally honest. And she was. I assure you....there were some hideous items in my closet and hideously small items, too. So hideous they caused violent reactions with Rayray.....as in, screeching, falling off the bed and thrashing about on the floor reactions. She could see views that I couldn't see...Needless to say, some really hideous as well as really cute tops that were never even worn are OUTTA HERE! (Any takers?)
After the huge closet purging, this brochure crossed my online path. It's a very well written brochure on modesty. It gives us girls a checklist on checking our "look" before we leave our homes but also addresses the heart issues. WHO are we dressing to impress? I read over most of it with Rayray but us moms can always use the reminding, too.
B/t my new clothes, purged closet, modesty brochure, and Shari our online fashion adviser, I think I'm set to go???
What do you think about the MacArthur quote? I'd love to read your comments on the modesty subject...or even great clearance deals or your favorite jeans, for that matter!!!
Blessings......
Comments
Thanks for posting your blogging insights over at my place. I think you have a very healthy perspective on the whole comments issue.
So... have you thought about the 2009 cruise yet? Just checking...
Let me know- Lysa@Proverbs31.org
Happy Thursday to you!