Give Her A Little Grace
Warning: This post is for women only. Any males that brave to read this blog (WAF), stop now.
This afternoon, we were all getting ready to go to Wellspring. You will be happy to know that we were NOT in a HURRY. (See post below.) Well, there was a strange smell in the kids' bathroom....it was getting on my nerves. I never did figure out what it was but it smelled like this nasty cleaner we've used before to clean tile grout....and it smells just putrid. But nobody owned up to using grout cleaner (that's been under the sink for eleventy seven years) Anyway, FeO heard me fussing about the smell and he came in to see if he could find it. He thought it was the hairspray. I'm sorry but I've never smelled hairspray that smells like THAT. Well, RayRay decided she needed to squeeze in and put her .02 in about the odor. All the while, I'm trying to fluff my hair.
Here's a little something about me that you don't know...... I don't like to be interrupted when I'm doing hair and makeup. (Is it just me?) I use that time to think and mentally prepare for whatever it is we're headed out the door to do. (And no, in case you're wondering, I don't do hair and make up when we're staying around the house...which is almost daily.) I'm only talking about 10 minutes tops, here. Yep, 10 minutes, 12 max, to do my hair and makeup. And I like to be alone while doing it. Alone with my thoughts...which can also be translated to my prayers a lot of times.
So, FeO and Ray are crowding me up in the skinny bathroom, sniffsniffsniffing. Not only are my thoughts interrupted by the rank odor, but also by the Sniffing Brigade. So, I got a little testy and shooed them away....."Goodbye. Please leave. SHOO. " Well. I heard FeO comment to Ray in the hall, " Give her a little grace, it's THAT time of the month." What!?!! It is?????? Oh. It is. How can you tell?!!?! At least, he's finally figured it out after 16 years and didn't take my gentle shooing personal.
One thing led to another....and I now introduce to you our new family slogan for this week each month:
Give her a little grace
Give her a little space
And this home will be a happier place
I read an article recently that actually made sense. I actually do have quite a time with the nasty PMS symptoms and pre-menopausal symptoms. I won't bore you with all the details but I suffer with everything from night sweats to forgetfulness to even a day of depression now and then ( those always throw me for a loop.) The article suggested that our days of PMS are not a good time to evaluate our relationship with Father....or our spiritual temperature, so to speak. We'll get it wrong every time and will be really hard on ourselves. I don't know about you, but my emotions run the gamut during those days....I agree that the last thing I need to do on those days is evaluate spiritual growth. But, it can be a growing time. Any difficult time in our lives is a time when our faith can grow. There are a lot of jokes about PMS and pre- menopause, but it can truly be a difficult time in a woman's life, as you well know. I have some days when I have to make myself get out of bed. That is nothing to joke about. That is a difficult time....a time when my faith can grow. A time when I have to depend on Him to be strong because I am weak. A time I have to seek His face for the strength to muddle through.
Maybe I'll add a line to our new family slogan:
Give her a little grace
Give her a little space
If the mama will keep seeking His face,
this home will be a happier place.
(And take double doses of Evening Primrose Oil and eat dark chocolate Lindor truffles)
Blessings......
UPDATE: I just had to add this. If only it were that easy......I got it today in a Daily Hormone email.
"Week 4
Day 23 to the end of cycleToday's hormone-cast: Plunging estrogen may trigger a down mood by depleting your brain of feel-good serotonin. Luckily, there's an easy way to make sure every day of your premenstrual week starts off on a happy note: place a bunch of flowers in your kitchen. Harvard researchers found that when even the grumpiest volunteers saw a vase of fresh buds in their kitchen in the morning, it gave them an instant boost to their mood and energy-and these positive effects lasted all day long! "
This afternoon, we were all getting ready to go to Wellspring. You will be happy to know that we were NOT in a HURRY. (See post below.) Well, there was a strange smell in the kids' bathroom....it was getting on my nerves. I never did figure out what it was but it smelled like this nasty cleaner we've used before to clean tile grout....and it smells just putrid. But nobody owned up to using grout cleaner (that's been under the sink for eleventy seven years) Anyway, FeO heard me fussing about the smell and he came in to see if he could find it. He thought it was the hairspray. I'm sorry but I've never smelled hairspray that smells like THAT. Well, RayRay decided she needed to squeeze in and put her .02 in about the odor. All the while, I'm trying to fluff my hair.Here's a little something about me that you don't know...... I don't like to be interrupted when I'm doing hair and makeup. (Is it just me?) I use that time to think and mentally prepare for whatever it is we're headed out the door to do. (And no, in case you're wondering, I don't do hair and make up when we're staying around the house...which is almost daily.) I'm only talking about 10 minutes tops, here. Yep, 10 minutes, 12 max, to do my hair and makeup. And I like to be alone while doing it. Alone with my thoughts...which can also be translated to my prayers a lot of times.
So, FeO and Ray are crowding me up in the skinny bathroom, sniffsniffsniffing. Not only are my thoughts interrupted by the rank odor, but also by the Sniffing Brigade. So, I got a little testy and shooed them away....."Goodbye. Please leave. SHOO. " Well. I heard FeO comment to Ray in the hall, " Give her a little grace, it's THAT time of the month." What!?!! It is?????? Oh. It is. How can you tell?!!?! At least, he's finally figured it out after 16 years and didn't take my gentle shooing personal.
One thing led to another....and I now introduce to you our new family slogan for this week each month:
Give her a little grace
Give her a little space
And this home will be a happier place
I read an article recently that actually made sense. I actually do have quite a time with the nasty PMS symptoms and pre-menopausal symptoms. I won't bore you with all the details but I suffer with everything from night sweats to forgetfulness to even a day of depression now and then ( those always throw me for a loop.) The article suggested that our days of PMS are not a good time to evaluate our relationship with Father....or our spiritual temperature, so to speak. We'll get it wrong every time and will be really hard on ourselves. I don't know about you, but my emotions run the gamut during those days....I agree that the last thing I need to do on those days is evaluate spiritual growth. But, it can be a growing time. Any difficult time in our lives is a time when our faith can grow. There are a lot of jokes about PMS and pre- menopause, but it can truly be a difficult time in a woman's life, as you well know. I have some days when I have to make myself get out of bed. That is nothing to joke about. That is a difficult time....a time when my faith can grow. A time when I have to depend on Him to be strong because I am weak. A time I have to seek His face for the strength to muddle through.
Maybe I'll add a line to our new family slogan:
Give her a little grace
Give her a little space
If the mama will keep seeking His face,
this home will be a happier place.
(And take double doses of Evening Primrose Oil and eat dark chocolate Lindor truffles)
Blessings......
UPDATE: I just had to add this. If only it were that easy......I got it today in a Daily Hormone email.
"Week 4
Day 23 to the end of cycleToday's hormone-cast: Plunging estrogen may trigger a down mood by depleting your brain of feel-good serotonin. Luckily, there's an easy way to make sure every day of your premenstrual week starts off on a happy note: place a bunch of flowers in your kitchen. Harvard researchers found that when even the grumpiest volunteers saw a vase of fresh buds in their kitchen in the morning, it gave them an instant boost to their mood and energy-and these positive effects lasted all day long! "
Comments