A Basket Full of Thankfulness
This is a repost from last Thanksgiving. It was such a simple activity that ended up creating treasures. I kept some feathers for myself...the ones with love-words on them just for me. And I'm not the only one who still has feathers a year later! It's not too late to start your own basket for this Thanksgiving, you know!
I found a pile of leftover paper turkey feathers for pinecone turkeys and paper plate turkeys of classrooms past. This year, we decided to use the feathers for something a bit different.
We took one basket, added a little sign, the feathers and a marker. For the week leading up to Thanksgiving, we are to write one thing we are thankful for on each feather....excluding toys and electronic games and such.
Digging deeper. Shifting our focus. What are we truly thankful to Father for this Thanksgiving season? What person or people have impacted our lives this year? What truths have been shown to us? What have we learned about His character this year? What fruits? What gifts?
On Thanksgiving Day, we'll take time as a family to pull out every single feather and thank God for what is written on it. I'm really excited about this. I can't wait to see what the kids write on their feathers!!!
Most importantly, I know the Lord will be blessed.
| Add caption |
I found a pile of leftover paper turkey feathers for pinecone turkeys and paper plate turkeys of classrooms past. This year, we decided to use the feathers for something a bit different.
We took one basket, added a little sign, the feathers and a marker. For the week leading up to Thanksgiving, we are to write one thing we are thankful for on each feather....excluding toys and electronic games and such.
Digging deeper. Shifting our focus. What are we truly thankful to Father for this Thanksgiving season? What person or people have impacted our lives this year? What truths have been shown to us? What have we learned about His character this year? What fruits? What gifts?
On Thanksgiving Day, we'll take time as a family to pull out every single feather and thank God for what is written on it. I'm really excited about this. I can't wait to see what the kids write on their feathers!!!
Most importantly, I know the Lord will be blessed.
Comments