My Beautiful Grandmother

One year ago today. 

I miss her...we all do. I think of her often...when I see her picture on my dresser, when I see the bowl from her kitchen, when I remember our summer vacations together...I smile. She made me giggle at something every time I was with her. Laughing is a good thing. It's the good things I remember. She was loved so much.






My beautiful Grandma at our wedding almost twenty years ago.
The day our long, sweltering summer turned to the cooler, welcoming days of autumn is the day our beloved Grandmother went to spend eternity with Father.  September 23, 2010.

The significance of this day and the changing of the seasons has not gone unnoticed. At the end of our blistering summer, our flower beds were a mess. The day after Grandma's homegoing service, my Hero cleaned out the dried up, floundering plants and replaced them with straw until spring.

The last few years of Grandma's life were hard on her. We watched our beautiful, fragrant flower begin to wither and fade from the blistering heat of pain and a body that wilted but a mind that never forgot a thing. Our rare, beautiful flower dreamed of a new garden. She longed for the heavenly paradise where there is no more pain, no more sorrow, no more tears, no more wilting.

On September 23, 2010, our Father very tenderly, very gingerly, very peacefully plucked our beloved exquisite blossom from the earthly dwelling place where she bloomed brilliantly for almost a century.

He planted her in His heavenly garden, where her radiant blossom now flourishes with the newness of spring. And that's how it will stay for all of eternity.....Her face turned towards the Son, arms outstretched in worship to the Father she loved dearly, her voice of praise joining the angels and loved ones who have gone before us....in a divine paradise that will never fade.

"You have been born again,
not of perishable seed but of imperishable, 
through the living and abiding word of God; for
All flesh is like grass
and all its glory like the flower.
The grass withers, and the flower falls,
but the word of the Lord remains forever."
1Peter 1:23-25

"According to His great mercy,
He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through
the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
to an inheritance that is 
imperishable,
undefiled,
and unfading,
kept in Heaven for you."
1 Peter 1:4

Comments

Tutu said…
Beautifully written! Your flower comparison makes me think of my own Mimi, and I can't help but think they have met each other in Heaven and are watching over us now. Love you!!
You have been born again,
not of perishable seed but of imperishable,
through the living and abiding word of God; for
All flesh is like grass
and all its glory like the flower.
The grass withers, and the flower falls,
but the word of the Lord remains forever.
^^

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

Rayray's Recap of American Idol

What You Missed....