The Universe and The Yellow Jacket

I had a little run-in with a yellow jacket a couple of years ago. So, I wasn't pleased to see one flying around my kitchen yesterday. My Hero took care of it for me while I cowered in another room.

Last night as I was wiping the counter, I saw a strange tiny toy head that turned out to be the head of that dead yellow jacket! So during school today we put the dead head under the microscope and it was AMAZING! We could see all the units in its compound eye, lined up in perfectly straight rows. He had little hairs all sticking out like whiskers...It was amazing, that dead head! Thank you little yellow jacket for providing a great launch for science and discovery today!

We had an ongoing discussion about how creative Father was and is...and attempted to wonder if He created one bug at a time or all at once. No matter. He had fun doing the creating, that's for sure, but at the same time, His creation is beyond ingenious and sophisticated! (See if you can figure out the yellow jacket's compound eye. Sophisticated indeed!)

While being reminded of the care our Creator took in each tiny detail down to a yellow jacket's head, He is absolutely, unfathomly vast beyond measure...beyond our mind's comprehension.

We are reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. In Chapter 1, we were instructed to watch the following 3 minute Awe Factor video. From the head of a yellow jacket to a kabillion light years away. You're gonna love this...

R. C. Sproul - "Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

Rayray's Recap of American Idol

What You Missed....