She's a dozen years old....
Her daddy and I wanted to give her a very special and meaningful gift for her 12th bd. I found Lea on etsy.com who makes beautiful hand stamped jewelry. Together, we created a
necklace for Rachel that signifies exactly what we want Rachel to always remember...that she is "loved beyond measure," not just by her mama and daddy but by her Heavenly Father. We included the scripture from Ephesians 3:14-19 on the necklace, which is one her daddy prays over her and her siblings. It turned out beautiful and truly touched Rayray's heart when we gave it to her and explained the meaning behind it.
Fri night, we had a cook-out with her Mema, Papa and Aunt Ro. Breakfast in bed (which included ice cream) on Sat morning. She and I shopped half the day at the mall...in the junior dept for the first time, I might add.... and she now has her ears pierced and red shoes (see pic at right.) We then joined her daddy, brother and Jelly Bean for a birthday movie...Nat'l Treasure 2. Although it rained alllllll day long, I think she enjoyed The Turning of 12.
The Girl turned 12...which also means I have been a Mama for a dozen years. I can't help but reflect over the years. A lot of that time, I was pregnant, nursing, diapering and sleep-deprived. I'm certainly a different mom now than I was 12 years ago. Ray was our first born...which normally means "experiment." Somehow, by the sheer grace of God, The Girl is growing into a beautiful lady, in spite of me. She has a very sweet heart, a desire to know Him more, a willingness to use her talents for His glory, a strong competitive streak, and is always up for a challenge.
If you're a young mom, here's a little advice for you. Don't wish away the days. Savor every moment....journal it or take a picture if you have to.
And like the song says...Don't blink.
Comments
Happy New Year bloggy friend!