Me, on TV?



Yep, you read correctly. The Girl and I were rushing through The Mall after eating a nice mother/daughter lunch. We were headed to The Girl's hair appt. We literally bumped into Ben Roberts and his cameraman....Ben's the anchor at the local NBC affiliate here. Ben and I were at Georgia Southern University together and hung out some but I hadn't see him in years, except on the news. We chatted for a minute and I was about to rush off when Ben said, "Wanna be on tv?" After he told me about the story he's working on, I agreed to give it a try. Basically, he was looking for volunteers to call their credit card company.....on camera.....and ask for a lower interest rate. He read recently that interest rates are negotiable. Who knew?! He wants to make the general public aware of that fact. I was skeptical but sat down on a bench with Ben, my pink cell phone, and a lapel mike and called our one credit card company. I told them that I've had this account since college and we keep it paid off....and the holidays are coming up as well as several trips. Our current interest rate was 14.6% and would you believe they offered to lower our rate to 3.9%...just bc I asked and was a good customer?!?!?!? My jaw dropped, Ben's jaw dropped, and NO, I didn't tell them beforehand that they were on "candid camera." The new lower rate is locked in only for 6 months BUT they said to call them back again in 6 months and we could negotiate again! Isn't that too cool? The segment will run on the news the Monday before Thanksgiving here. They might post it online for all the world to see. I tried not to smack my gum too much.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Assignment!

Rayray's Recap of American Idol

What You Missed....