12 Days of Christmas

Woohoo! We're done with schoolwork until after the Holidays!

This morning the kids completed their lapbooks on the spiritual symbolism behind "The Twelve Days of Christmas." It was a fun project for all of us....except the Rayray who is anti-craft. She did enjoy learning the meanings behind each day, though.


In the Middle Ages, Christians were persecuted for their beliefs. So parents made up the 12 Days of Christmas song to teach their children the basics of the Christian faith and about the Bible. How grateful I am today that we don't have to hide our beliefs behind a child's Christmas counting song!


I got the Hands of a Child unit free from Old Schoolhouse Magazine...So grateful for that! The lapbooks turned out great and a normally annoying Christmas song now has deeper meaning for us.



Comments

Tutu said…
"anti-craft"! That's not what you called her!
Anonymous said…
Yay! Out for the Holidays. We have a few more days to go yet. I had no idea the meaning behind the song. Now I will have to pass that tidbit along.
Sheri said…
So very happy you like your gift...sure hope its a blessing to you and yours. Enjoy!
Sheri
The Journey said…
I never got to see these! And I want to... Next time... You guys are the neatest!!!